Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Meet The Frog

LoBo Jr.!

What? LoBo Jr., a green tree frog?

That's right. You didn't mis-read.

Actually, it was David, my high school classmate whom I grew up playing soccer with, who suggested the name on a Facebook posting. And then another friend claimed that the name did infringe her son's and asked for loyalty fee, or else she threatened to sue. She was only kidding of course.

In fact, lawsuits are quite trendy in the U.S. these days. You sue me, I sue him, and the next thing you know, he sues you, like a love triangle.

So, what I concern more is to avoid being sued by the band Los Lobos. No sweat, I've added Jr. after Lobo just in case... Oh, he has a Chinese name too, 小綠寶, (Little Green Precious from word to word translation) how about that, huh? To make things easier, let's just call him LBJ (don't be mistaken, it's not that U.S. vice president in mid 60s).

LBJ is not much different from his cousin Shrek, a northern leopard frog that I released back to a conservation area last summer, except it's a shorter guy that max out at 2 inches long from nose to... ah, its ass. And it has bigger toes with suctions that stick on anything it jumps onto. Yep, just like Spiderman, no kidding. Shrek, like the Ogre, could be twice or even more the size of LBJ and more of a swimmer and long jumper. (You can go back a few postings to see his photos and videos)

What is more profound about LBJ is that he could camouflage itself very well in its surroundings, just try to find it in the picture.

Nevertheless, if you happen to have a tree frog and you hear something is quacking loudly inside your house in the middle of the night, stay calm, no duck is on the loose. It's just your tree frog croaking "quack, quack, quack" like a duck... now go back to your bed and dream about eating a roast duck.

1 comment:

  1. Does LoBo Jr. "quacks"? My tree frogs never did. But I kept them in my office, so no one was around to check on them at night.

    I like the name LoBo Jr. the best.

    ReplyDelete