Friday, August 20, 2010

Food for frog? Bon appetit!

What will a woman associate a frog with? Prince Charming?

And what will a man think of a frog? A bait for fishing!

See the difference? The image of Prince Charming didn't pop up in a four-year-old girl's mind by chance, it's taught. Catching a trophy fish with a frog is a boy's dream when a fishing rod is in his hands, but it's also taught.

What's my point? Nothing new... Girls growing up are protected from the exposure to violence of mother nature while boys are, on the opposite, allowed to learn from it. Having said that, I cannot deny the fact that genetic makeup plays a major role in the differences.

As a grown up, I like frog because it is one of those amphibians that existed in the dinosaur period, but it doesn't have the chainsaw-like teeth to bite while I'm gaming at it through the lens of my camera. I can also use it to catch a fatty bass to indulge my caveman instinct. However, I'm not a big fan of using frog as bait for some reason. May be it's too cruel, I don't know. But here comes the dilemma, I do enjoy deep fried frog legs. I guess you can make a point that any wildlife could be a friend of yours in one country but a delicacy in another.

One other thing I couldn't resist is to take videos and photographs of LBJ, that really arouse my... no, it's not that... I mean my creativity and fulfill my curiosity. It's like watching an episode of National Geographic live.

Next time, when you wonder why I'm so obsessed? Just remember one thing, researchers do spend hours observing the behavior of a frog. I'm no researcher, and I could be just like other guys keeping their fingers busy on video games in iPhone, Wii, and DS, but I would rather keep my eyes on a frog for leisure. Perhaps I'm old-school.

Throw me a short comment, would you?

Now watch LBJ catching its prey in lightning speed. Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment