Monday, April 6, 2009

A dream

Picture this: a bald eagle is descending in high speed right above a lake, then extending its claws to grab a fish right out of the water. And in seconds, it flies away without a trace. It's so breathtaking.

Or a slow motion movie clip of a lion's deadly hunt in safari, which turns out to be an incredible escape being pulled off by the prey itself, will never fail us. One way or the other, we have that "WOW" moment.

As you know, I'm no film director, but I like taking NOT low budget, but NO BUDGET movie shots of my leopard frog with my crappy point and shoot camera, dreaming one day I could be one of those National Geographic photographic journalists shooting footage of an elusive wolf pack hunting caribous in Alaska or part of the BBC natural history camera crew shooting documentary of two snow leopards going after mountain goats in Pakistan shown in the "Planet Earth" series.

I know, I know, it takes a lot skill and hard work to put a collection like that together. And I admit I wouldn't have that kind of patience and talent to pull it off, but still, it doesn't deter me from creating my own version of a "controlled" documentary of my leopard frog.

Beware, this clip is not "G" rated, but it's nowhere near X's though. Watch:




If you like this one, you surely would like the slow motion version that will be posted in a couple of days, stay tuned.

1 comment: