Monday, February 16, 2009

Revisit the chilling thoughts

Yes, it's mid-February and the daylight is already longer. Some of you couldn't wait to pull the Hawaiian shirt out of the bottom dresser, but being a naysayer, I would say "not so fast." Daily high is still below or right at the freezing and in the low twenties in average at night. I don't need a groundhog to find out if Spring is here, the frozen little pond in my backyard tells me it isn't yet.

Speaking of my little pond, I can't help but giving myself credits, yes, again, on saving Shrek's life. "No big deal, man," you may say. And you're right, maybe I'm a little narcissistic. However, as I read the news on Feb. 12, which was the 200th birthday of two famous historical national icons - Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin, I also found out that 2008 was named The Year of Frog, which was a global campaign to raise public awareness and understanding of the crisis of amphibian extinction. What a coincidence? How appropriate on my rescue action, eh! Honest with you, I didn't really know about that until last Thursday.

Now, compare this photo with the one above, which one you think Shrek would like to be in if he has a choice?



See this link for more info on The Year of Frog campaign

http://www.amphibianark.org/yearofthefrog.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment